Out near the BC, Canadian border with Sumas, WA, USA there are many farms. If a cow dies the farmer will cart the corpse out to he field and the scavengers come to feast. The great Bald Eagle is one of these scavengers (go figure). I had been going out for walks when visiting friends in March and I had noticed the carcass of a fox. The Fox had not been touched for at least two weeks as I passed it a couple several weeks. On the third week, I saw at least two adult bald eagles and several of their young. The fox was being consumed by them. And since the fox was along the edge of the road, I was able to get extremely close to them. I did spook some of them, but one young one was brave enough that I was able to be directly across the road from him. I raced back to my friends house to grab the camera and this is what I took.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment